Cameras and monitors mounted demonstrably on-site can deter potential criminals; Covert surveillance provides the operator with visual control over coronavirus security measures at the site:
- to see how the intruder has entered the territory, building or facility (or as the intruder tries to overcome the means of engineering fortification);
- to follow the offender’s actions.
Such information is indispensable for organizing the rapid detection of the offender(s) and counteraction. In addition, the information allows the operator to eliminate false alarms, which is very important for objects that have a long perimeter with areas remote from fixed guard posts or natural fence gaps.
The camera is the “eyes” of the CCTV system, so its choice depends on what the operator will see on the video monitor screen. The main technical characteristics of the camera are resolution, operating range of illumination and signal/noise ratio.
The operating range of the illumination of the television camera should be wider (by about 10 %) than the range of illumination in the monitored area. Street cameras are usually equipped with auto iris lenses for normal operation in a wide range of lighting conditions (from 0.1 lux at night to 100,000 lux on a bright sunny day). Organization of on-duty lighting at night allows the use of cheaper cameras with lower sensitivity.
The signal-to-noise ratio of a television camera must be at least 50 dB.
All cameras installed outdoors should be placed in air-tight thermal enclosures with at least IP65 protection class.
It is recommended to use motion detectors for video channels of systems transmitting images of critical rooms and areas of the object where there should be no movement of people at all (for example, in the rejection area) or for a certain period of time (for example, at night).
A motion detector should be:
- programmed to automatically switch the system from observation to security status at a certain time
- have several independently configurable detection zones
- have an audible duplicate alarm
The main technical characteristics of the motion detectors are:
- the minimum size of the target to be detected (at least 10% of the detection zone)
- minimum contrast of the target to be detected against the background (not more than 5 %) and target velocity range (0.3 – 3 m/s)
The actuators provide blocking of possible unauthorized entry routes (doors, gates, turnstiles, airlock cabins, locking devices, etc.). These devices must meet some basic requirements which we do not consider in this material.
Airlock – a construction consisting of two interconnected doors or gates, which provide a separate passage of people or passage of vehicles. The main purpose of a gateway is to provide passage (passage) of only one person or only one vehicle. A door or gate to the exit for a person or vehicle inside the lock shall only be opened after blocking the entry door or gate of the lock, determining the authority to pass (identify) and the number of people passing or being passed (tele-monitoring, weighing, etc.).
The gateway is recommended to be equipped with:
- metal detectors
- detectors of explosive devices and explosives
- detectors of toxic substances
- X-ray inspection devices
More about technology https://irex.ai/