This article provides information about the versant test. It includes study guides, practice tests, and answers for each of the Versant test questions to give an idea of what to expect when taking the test. While the test must be taken in person at an official Center for Credentialing, Inc., location, there are ways to prepare for the test.
If you’re looking to get into the healthcare business, there are several prerequisites that you must complete before you can be considered a credible candidate for a job. One of the more popular ones is Versant, a medical terminology test that demonstrates your knowledge of medical terminologies. These 10 tips will help prepare you for the exam and give you an edge on your exam day!
- Practice Makes Perfect! The most important thing to remember is to practice practice practice! Start with reading over some general texts on different topics and work up from there. You’ll get less nervous if it’s not your first time taking the test.
- Get the Flash Cards! Most test prep companies have flashcards for their test, and they’re a great way to study.
- Practice with a Pro! If you can find someone who already took the exam, ask them how it was, how long it took them, and more importantly, how they did. You’ll get an idea of what to expect when you take it.
- Take Your Time! Versant is a much bigger test than most others as far as medical terminology goes. You’ll need to really consider your answers carefully and make sure that you’re not missing out on anything by making a mistake. You have plenty of time, so take it slow and make sure you’re answering correctly.
- Know Your Anatomy! If you don’t know the difference between a bronchus and a bronchiole, you’re going to struggle. Practice on some diagrams out there so that you can learn the difference between your organs/body parts. This way, you’re never caught off guard by any tough questions!
- Review Your Mistakes! Always review your exams after taking them to catch your misstatements. This will help correct them next time around and better prepare yourself for the exam.
- Study With a Study Buddy! You’re more likely to remember something if you study it with someone else. Not only do you have someone to help you study if you get stumped on things, but it’s also fun to quiz each other about topics!
- Eat Before the Exam! A lot of people forget this one but eating something before the exam can actually boost your thinking in a good way. If you’re hungry, your mind might think that it needs some food, so this can hinder your performance.
- Take Breaks in Between Sections! Starting off with a bang is key when doing this test. If you’re feeling tired, take a break between sections and come back fresh!
- Brush Up on Your Medical Terminology! If you don’t know what a word means, chances are you’ll get it wrong. Brush up on your terms and take some classes to better understand what they all mean.
At the end of the day, passing Versant is all about getting enough practice and preparation going in beforehand! These tips should help you prepare for this big test! Good luck!